Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If Be Low The (On Reading With Great Difficulty

..........

How might I
walk alone outside
the comfort of my
home
............if below the
impenetrable cover,
the deluge & hue
of dense water
from clouds that, at
least release
that rain that
drenches my un–
combed hair
yet it does not soak my
water resistant coat
that I wear.

Stepping out
too late I grabbed
in haste, a jacket
to brace myself,
to race the wind

Therefore,
.............the clouds
cover me with a form–
idable body of rain

They
hide the sun, irrecoverable

(to the eyes of someone
......common with bent spine
..........but not
.............to the common spine)

Though they do
still, I walk

with a hunch
from the weight
of the rain into the wind
it thrusts me backwards
fumbling with
my keys trying
to get to my car;

dropped. Lost
in the mud of an unkept
lawn. locked
out of my car

standing in the rain.

No comments: